Tìm kiếm Blog này

Thứ Hai, 14 tháng 11, 2016

PUBLIC SPEAKING

PUBLIC SPEAKING
1.                         GETTING PEOLE’S ATTENTION
Formal
Less formal
ü      If I could have everybody attention
ü      If we can start
ü      Perharp we should begin?
ü      Let’s get started
ü      May I have your attention please?
ü      Fine. If we’re here. I’ll begin
ü      Ok, let’s get started
ü      Let’s make a start

    WELCOM THE PEOPLE
ü Welcome to “ Group name”
ü Thank you for coming today
ü Good morning ladies and gentlement
ü On behalf of “ Group name”, I like to welcome you
ü Good morning everyone. Welcome
ü Hello, it is good to see you all here
ü Good morning ladies and gentlement, welcome to “ Group name or topic name”
WELCOME THE SPEAKER ( in case you are not speaker)
ü It’s good to have “ Mai”here
ü I like to introduce Miss “ Mai”  a Marketing director of our company
( a excellent leader of our group or a enthusiastic member of our group)
ü I like to welcome  “ Nam”
ü It’s a pleasure to welcome “ Trang”
THANK SOMEONE ( in case you are the speaker)
ü Thank you, “An”. It’s great to be back here
ü Thank you, I’m glad to be here
ü Thanks. It’s a pleasure to be here
ü Thank you for giving me this opportunity to speak to you today
INTRODUCE YOURSELF
ü      My name’s Lan. I’m responsible for “ travel arrangements”
ü      For those of  you who don’t know me, my name is “An”
ü      As you know, I’m in charge of “public relations”
ü      My name is “Mai”. I’m a new marketing manager
ð   Some other ways of  introducing yourself:
ü As I think you know, I’m  “Mai”
ü As you may know, I’m “Mai”
ü As you all know, I’m “Mai”
ü Hello. I’m “Mai”, I am Assistant Marketing Manager…
ü I’m Mai,  the leader…
2.                         STATE THE PURPOSE OF YOUR PRESENTATION
·    This morning I’d like to present our new product
·    Today I like to discuss our failure in the Janpanese market and suggest a new approach
·    This afternoon, I’d like to report on my study into the Geman market
·    What I want to do this morning is to talk to you about our new mobile telephone system.
·    What I want to do is to tell you about our successes and failure in introducing new working patterns
·    What I want to do is to show you how we’ve made our first successful steps in the potential huge Chinese market
To begin a presentation people usually start with an “ introduce passage”  to get the interest of the audience at the beginning of a talk
Ø      Start with a personal story:
How do we avoid problems? When I got out of my car this morning. I forgot to switch off lights. However, an arlarm in my car warned me that I had left them on. So the arlam reminded me about my mistake and I was able to act before it became an issue. Tha’s what we need in our company – system that will warn us and show us potential problems, which we can prevent. That’s what I’m going to talk about today.
Ø      Start  with an interesting fact:
I read something interesting the other day. Did you know that tunnel which links England and France was constructed using 13000 engineers, technicians and workers? This showed amazing organization and proves that co-operations between companies in different countries can achieve excellent results. So,let’s think about this example as we discuss our joint venture project with our partner company
Ø      Start by giving a background:
Sam asked me to present my ideas for new telephone system. As you know, there’ve been problems with the old system – we lost calls. We’ve  had no record of  lost calls and overall, the systems can’t manage the large  number of callers. I’ve spent the last two months researching the different systems available. Today, I’d like to present a solution to you.
vSome vocabulary:
It is important to state your purpose clearly at beginning of your talk. Here are some ways to do this:
-         Talk about = to speak about a subject
Ex: Today I’d like to talk about our plans for the new site.
       I’m going to be talking to you about the results of our survey.
-         Report on = to tell you about what has been done
Ex: I’m going to be reporting on our results last quarter
      Today I will be reporting on the progress we have made since last meeting
-         Take a look at = to examine = to go through
Ex: First take a look at what we have achieved so far
       Before we go on the figures. I’d like to take a look at the changes we  have made 
-         Tell you about = to speak to someone to give them information or instructions
Ex: First I will tell you about the present situation, then go onto what we are going to do
When I have finished, Jack will then tell you about what is happening in Europe
-         Show = to explain something by doing it or by giving instructions
The object of this morning’s talk is to show you how to put the theory in pratice
-         Outline = to give the main facts or information about something
Ex: I’d like to outline the new policy  and give you some pratical examples
      I will give you a brief outline and explain how it affects you
-         Fill you in on = to give someone extra or missing information
Ex: I’d like to quickly fill you in on what has happened
When I have finished outlining the policy, Jerry will you I on what we want you to do
-         Give  an overview of = to give a short description with general information but no details
Ex: Firstly, I would like to give you a brief overview of the situation
I’ll give you an overview of our objective and then hand over to Peter for more details
-         Highlight = draw attention to or emphasize the facts.
Ex: The results highlight our strengths and our weaknesses
-         Disscuss = to talk about ideas or opinions on a subject in more details
Ex: after a brief overview  of the results, I’d like to disscuss the implications in more detail


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét